Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year's Eve Nails!!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!  December turned out to be completely CrAzY!  But I'm back in the saddle again - for real this time!  ;D  Here are the nails I painted to ring in 2012!



Four of the fingers all started with a sponged gradient from e.l.f. Metal Madness at the base, through Orly Fowl Play and Wet n Wild Blue Wants to Be A Millionaire, to Wet n Wild Shield.  This is what thee gradient looked like before I added the details...



And here's each design in detail....

The thumb and pinky are fireworks in Wet n Wild Shield.  I got to try out some new striping brushes I got for Christmas!

The pointer is a representation of "The Ball" in New York's Times Square.  Obviously, mine is not made of Tiffany glass and LED lights....but is sure does *SPARKLE*!  I used two coats of Wet n Wild Metallica, then pressed the square jewels into it while it was still pretty tacky.  I sealed it up with three coats of Sally Hansen Insta-Dri, so it's pretty smooth.

The design on my middle finger is an exploding bottle of champagne!  This one contains tons of little details that took some TIME!  I painted the whole bottlw with Wet n Wild Black Creme first, then added the green glow if the bottle using a combination of Orly Under the Mistletoe with a bit of Wet n Wild Metallica, with the top left side highlighted with a bit more Metallica.  The label is done with Sally Hansen Bubblegum.  with little dots of Wet n Wild Black Creme to give the illusion of words on the label.  Then I used a tiny bit of Wet n Wild French White Creme for highlights to make the bottle look more 3D.  For the top of the bottle, I used Metallica, French White Creme and Shield.  Whew....

The design on my ring fingers is clinking glasses of that champagne!  Yummy!  I used Wet n Wild French Creme and Wet n Wild Shield.  *clink*

I had a fantastic close to 2011 and I'm looking forward to a great 2012!!  HAPPY NEW YEAR, WORLD!!









1 comment:

  1. That disco ball is so super cool! I love that idea! This mani is full of win :)

    ReplyDelete